Jr. Fair Livestock Sales.
- Grand & Reserve Champions will sell first, then as placed in each class with light and heavy animals sold last.
- Market livestock projects in all species areas MUST be sold at the Jr. Fair Livestock Sales, if exhibitors have met all species area requirements.
- The Columbiana County Agricultural Society will designate all market sales as "partial terminal" or "terminal" sales prior to the fair, in accordance with ODA regulations and time tables. Either case means all Grand & Reserve animals MUST go directly to processing. If this rule is broken and animals are not processed, any parties found in violation of this rule will be subject to State penalties.
- Approved at the 12.19.2018 fairboard meeting, goats and lambs have been designated as "partial terminal" for the 2019 fair with turkeys, hogs, steers, poultry & rabbits being "terminal".
- Though good intentions, due to ODA regulations, resales are not permitted in any species.
- During the sales, only trophy donors for Grand & Reserve market projects will be given an opportunity for pictures within the sale ring. Pictures of other trophy donors may take place outside of the ring.
- No compensatory gifts are to be given by the seller to the buyer at the Jr. Fair Livestock Sale. A handwritten thank you will be greatly appreciated by the buyer and is expected to receive your livestock sales check. (see Uniform Rule 17).
- All sales checks will be mailed out to Jr. Fair exhibitors, pending collection of all monies owed by the buyers. There will be a fee to re-issue checks.